Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use insurance?
- Yes. In the case of overseas travel insurance, insurance is generally not applicable for pre-existing conditions, pregnancy, symptoms related to childbirth, and symptoms that have passed 180 days from the date of the first examination and the day of the accident. The terms of insurance may differ depending on the type of insurance you use. For more information, please contact the insurance company.
- I have an insurance card / overseas travel insurance / corporate insurance. What is the procedure for using this?
- Please contact your insurance company before your visit. Once the payment guarantee has been confirmed by the insurance company, cashless service is available at our practice. If you want to make a claim on your own, you can do so using our medical certificate and receipt. Also, if your insurance company requires certain insurance claim documents, please bring them with you.
- What is the procedure for health insurance (or social insurance) based in Japan?
- Please pay the treatment fee of our hospital in full and bring the “Overseas medical expenses application form” required for insurance application. Then, submit the completed application form and receipt to the insurance office. Application methods and required documents may differ from office to office, so please check in advance.
- Do you perform tests?
- Yes. We perform diagnostic tests such as blood tests, urine tests, tympanometry and audiometry tests are available. We may also refer you to partner testing institutions for x-rays, ultrasounds, MRI scans etc.
- I would like to see a specialist.
- We will introduce a specialist after an initial medical examination at our practice.
- Do you provide check-ups and measurements for my child?
- Yes, we provide check-ups for all ages and measurements are recorded at that time.
- I think I am pregnant. When should I get checked?
- About 6-7 weeks of pregnancy is a standard time for a consultation. If your menstruation period is 28 days, we recommend 2-3 weeks after the day menstruation was due. If you have a stomach ache or bleeding earlier than that, or if you have any concerns, please contact us at any time.
- Is there a parking lot?
- Yes. There is a parking lot in the Leighton Centre building. Please enter from Sharp Street East if you want to use the parking lot.